Government Contracts Law Client Strategies: Leading Lawyers on Counseling Clients During the Bidding Process, Negotiating Contracts, and Minimizing Litigation … (Inside the Minds)
Government Contracts Law Client Strategies is an authoritative, insider’s perspective on working with clients in the context of government contract procurement, performance, and litigation. Featuring partners and shareholders fro…
Government Contracts Law Client Strategies is an authoritative, insider’s perspective on working with clients in the context of government contract procurement, performance, and litigation. Featuring partners and shareholders from some of the nation’s leading law firms, these experts guide the reader through the different phases of the bidding process and the key considerations for each phase, including submitting bids, filing protests, defending against protests, and negotiations. These top lawyers give tips on facilitating the process for clients, understanding the parameters of the Federal Acquisition Regulations, managing liability, and obtaining key information to ensure that the client’s business goals are met. Additionally, these leaders discuss resolving disputes and defending against fraud allegations, including the False Claims Act, litigation strategies, settlement considerations, and the importance of regulatory compliance programs. The different niches represented and the breadth of perspectives presented enable readers to get inside some of the great legal minds of today, as these experienced lawyers offer up their thoughts around the keys to navigating this complex and ever-evolving area of law.
Inside the Minds provides readers with proven business intelligence from C-Level executives (Chairman, CEO, CFO, CMO, Partner) from the world’s most respected companies nationwide, rather than third-party accounts from unknown authors and analysts. Each chapter is comparable to an essay/thought leadership piece and is a future-oriented look at where an industry, profession, or topic is headed and the most important issues for the future. Through an exhaustive selection process, each author was hand-picked by the Inside the Minds editorial board to author a chapter for this book.
Chapters Include :
1. Claude P. Goddard Jr. , Shareholder, Akerman Senterfitt Wickwire Gavin – “Developing a Proper Client Strategy”
2. James A. King, Partner, Porter, Wright, Morris & Arthur LLP – “Understanding and Supporting the Government Contract Client”
3. William J. Cea, Shareholder, Becker & Poliakoff PA – “Winning the Bid : The Value of a Government Procurement Lawyer”
4. Kevin P. Mullen, Partner, Cooley Godward Kronish LLP – “Homeland Security and the Government Contract Client : Limiting Liability Exposure for Anti-Terrorism Technologies”
5. Michael Waldman, Partner, Robbins, Russell, Englert, Orseck, Untereiner & Sauber LLC – “A Practitioner’s Guide to Government Contract Fraud Litigation”
6. John P. Janecek, Counsel, Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale and Dorr LLP – “Client Strategies for Seeking National Security Business”
7. David J. Taylor, Partner, Spriggs & Hollingsworth – “Counseling Government Contract Clients”
8. John E. Schmidt III, Partner, Williams Mullen – “Managing the Swift Pace of Government Contracts Law”
9. Paul W. Searles and Sharon N. Freytag, Partners, Haynes and Boone LLP – “Building a Relationship of Trust with the Client”
10. Scott P. Weber, Partner, Phelps Dunbar LLP – “Working with Small Businesses in the Government Contracting Market”